Vacature: Full-Stack Developer
About the job
Full time position in our office in The Hague, Netherlands
Privacy Company helps businesses solve the privacy compliance problem, with a focus on bringing privacy awareness within reach of those who are not experts or lawyers. We’ve developed a web application, Privacy Nexus, that offers a very practical approach to reach this goal and has been designed to make privacy management easier, more efficient and more fun.
The development team currently consists of two developers and one designer, and we are looking for a new developer who can help us expand the product further. Given the small size of the team, there are countless opportunities to make an impact on both the product and our internal culture.
Our ideal colleague shares our passion for writing clean and modular code, enjoys (or at least is interested in learning) Functional Programming, and has been writing code for fun for years. Our technology stack of choice is Clojure for the backend and ClojureScript for the frontend (with React). We find that Clojure’s simplicity, immutability and data-first approach results in clearer code that is easy to reason about and to test. In contrast, we're not fans of OOP, XML and Design Patterns.
What we expect from you
- Experience with Clojure gets you major bonus points.
- Experience with other functional programming languages (like Haskell, Common Lisp, Erlang, etc.) is always appreciated.
- You understand practical demands, but still strive to do things the right way.
- You care about understanding problems at their root, with all the attention and dedication it requires.
- You are a "full-stack" developer: you like to work on anything from database queries and backend code to fine tuning CSS and building React components.
- You are familiar with command line tools: you know your way around git, bash/zsh/etc, grep (and perhaps, why not, the occasional perl one-liner).
- You are comfortable working with a database without an ORM.
- Formal Computer Science education is not a hard requirement, relevant education can be a plus, but we are more interested in what you have built than what you have learned
What we offer
- A challenging, fun environment with lots of autonomy and self-direction
- No hierarchy or project managers (we prefer self-organising)
- Flexibility about when and where you work (however this is not a fully remote position, you should spend at least 1 day / week in the office with us)
- You get to choose if you want a Mac or Linux laptop (or Windows, but why?)
- Salary commensurate with your experience (32-40 hours/week)
- Long term commitment is intended
Like what you hear? Drop us an email at email@example.com. If you want to apply for the position, please send your CV along with a link to your Github / GitLab / Bitbucket profile (or simply some code you worked on).
Note to International Applicants: Unfortunately we cannot sponsor Visas to the Netherlands, please apply only if you have a valid EU work permit.
No agency calls please.